pediatrician-icon

Kid swallowed dates seed.

Dr. My kid just 2 years old, swallowed dates seed and this is of second time. Is there anything to be worried about or how its going to trouble him. Kindly give us a solution..
views-icons 77 Views Bookmark this Answer
Bookmark
v

Doctor Answers (3) on Kid swallowed dates seed.

doctor profile image
Dr. Ashok Garg Indore | Pediatrician
Answered
It will be passed in stools undigested but you will have to watch for 3-4 days.... Pl keep safety as this is 2nd time.... Sometimes it may cause trouble also...
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Anand K M Ernakulam | Pediatrician
Answered
Absolutely correct, keep small objects like battery, coins, pins etc out of site, they are curious and they will put most things into mouth
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
0/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Kirti Prajapati Ahmedabad | Pediatric Surgeon
Answered
Hi.. My self Dr kirti Prajapati.. Practicing as a pediatric surgeon. Swallowing a date seed doesn't cause any problem as it will pass undigested in stool.  But you have to be careful that your kid should not be given or should be away from such small things as that may cause choking hazard... That is instead of seed going into food pipe.. It goes to wind pipe... And that can cause emergency situation. So up-to 4 yrs of age kids should be kept away from such small things like seeds... Nuts... Etc...
Next Steps
no worries if your kid pass it in stool.  very rarely if there is webbing or narrowing in intestine ..it causes problem and in such case patient presents with persistent vomiting or abdominal distension... if so.. visit a pediatric surgeon.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO