Itchy skin problem

The problem is..my father's skin sometimes suddenly starts itching and after that, the whole place becomes reddish and rashes come out...this happens in all over the body...please suggest some treatment for this problem...thanks in advance...

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. Dear Sir, I wish to enlighten your father may have hives/urticaria- which could be due to many many reasons and may be tough for us to diagnose the exact trigger with the limited history you have provided. I would wish to request you to send images of the rashes you have for confirmation. Urticaria may need prolonged treatment for a few weeks to months with oral anti histamines to control the symptoms. It is mostly an allergic reaction to some unidentified internal or external stimulus. You can apply calamine lotion for improvement of symptoms. Meet a dermatologist for detailed evaluation and treatment. Hope this helps . warm regards