Itchy Red Rash Urticaria
During summer I usually get red itchy rashes on my arms, back, neck, face and feet sometimes. I have been diagnosed with urticaria earlier by 3-4 doctors but livocetrizine nd montelukast are the regular medicines prescribed to me which seldom work on me. When the quantum of rashes becomes higher then doctors experiment me with Avil injection or otherwise with some other salt name starting with hydrogen or hydrochloric if I correctly remember. Both happens to be a steriod. Once a doctor prescribed me prednisolone which is a steroid for emergency use if any such occurs, because once or twice in an year aurticaria takes very bad shape in my case. Kindly suggest what to do. An ayurvedic doctor two years gave me a prescription which actually worked and gave some relief but the course was too big. Should I get a allergy blood test done and continue with allopathic medicine prescription or should i continue with ayurvedic one.
143 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe
Dermatologist 11 yrs exp Pune
Urticaria happens when your skin abnormally reacts to certain allergens giving rise to rash. These allergens can be present in your environment or in your blood. Many times its difficult to pin point exact allergen. As such there is no "cure" for urticaria. Medicines like levocetrizine and in severe cases steroids for short term help to "control" this allergy. For best results a continuous treatment may be necessary.. avoid taking medicines on sos basis. However if these medicines are not effective then advanced medicines like biologicals, cyclosporine etc help achieve long term control. Also autologous serum therapy may be tried. Talk to your dermatologist about these treatments, whether they will be suitable in your case. Blood allergy test is ambiguous in most cases. Just because your test may show you allergic to something doesn't mean that avoiding it will make your skin disease free. However if you wish to undergo it you can ask your doctor for details about it. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Pinanky Jadhav Eternis clinic, Pune
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.