Itching in Groin area

Hello doctor, my groin area and scrotum itching on a regular basis. In night I couldn't sleep, it's irritating me. I take bath twice a day, and always keep the area dry and clean. Am using Terbest for a month, it heals. But it comes again. Please help me to slice this problem.

Doctor Answers (1) on Itching in Groin area

Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to misdiagnosis and wrong treatment with OTC medications. To add to the problem, many combination tubes are easily available in market and there is no regulation on the sale. They make the fungal infection a permanent problem though it may provide temporary relief. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are co-prescribed many a times to treat this complicated fungal infection. If needed a simple skin test can also be done to confirm the diagnosis. Till then use only over-the-counter anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
You can consult me on Practo Direct for personal recommendations.