Is vaccination mandatory?

Have been vaccinating my kid since the beginning. Recently read some posts and my friends advising me that vaccination has a lot of side effects and they have not been vaccinating their kids. Really confused would help if some one sorts this out. And why such negativity abt vaccination is there?
views-icons 84 Views 1 Share Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Bhalchandra M Jayakar
Pediatric Surgeon 16 yrs exp Mumbai

Any issue will always have any number of opinions. Most of the material on the net is not always medically authenticated.A vaccine is almost similar to a mediclaim policy. If at 90 years, if a few people write that it is a waste of money since they never got sick or required hospitalization, can everyone else safely consider it unnecessary? At the end of the day, it's your call and effort for your child's safety.
Dr. Shekhar Biswas
Pediatrician 12 yrs exp Delhi

There are always two school of thoughts but vaccinations r important as I know small pox polio have eradicated from world due to vaccination only.
Dr. S Velmurugan
Neurologist 20 yrs exp Coimbatore
Two steps reduced human deaths and improved survival significantly. First one was hygiene with good safe drinking water and second was immunisation. That would tell you what we have achieved!