Is proximal slicing safe?

I have just gotten my lingual braces attached a few days back. Although my case is of non-extraction, the doctor suspects there may be a possibility that the space between my teeth won't be enough. He said that rather than getting the premolars removed he would go for proximal slicing instead. I'm worried whether it's a safe option for the long run. I have fairly sensitive teeth too and apprehend whether it will be a painful procedure. Please help.

Doctor Answers (5) on Is proximal slicing safe?

Yes its definitely safe ... Sensitivity due to slicing will reduce with time ...
Dr. Kavita Narang Gurgaon | Dental Surgeon
Proximal slicing is safe and good option over extraction, and is recommended whenever possible. It won't be a painful procedure. For sensitivity and long term success fluoride treatment and good oral hygiene is must.
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
To deal with inadequate space you have been suggested proximal slicing which in a way will help align your teeth better. Use of floss and flouridated tooth should help you on a long term after completition of your orthodontic treatment.
Hi.. It's safe but there is increased risk of proximal cavities añd sensitivity. Ask your dentist more about it and go for fluoride rinsing and desensitizing paste regularly till you finish the treatment. Regards
It's safe, you can ask your dentist to give you anti sensitivity tooth paste or mouth wash.