Is Oil safe to use?

Which oil is safe to use in Indian scenario, esp south indian? There are many theories. I use cold pressed ground nut oil. Is it safe to use? To how much temperature I should heat it to avoid toxic chemicals generation? I generally do not re use. Also some choclates and snacks read, trans fat content as 0.01 or 0.02 % or oz, are they safe to eat? If we get raw "vadagam" outside and cook ourselves with our oil, can we prevent toxic chemicals in them? Do you have any suggestions for choc and snacks brands which are healthy without toxic chemicals?

Doctor Answers (1) on Is Oil safe to use?

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, here is one example,, to you to think, salt in food causes hypertension and leads to many problems, avoiding salt in food, makes you never taste your food again in your life. Same thing here, your daily diet should contain 10-20%fat, which is necessary for the body, only too much oily foods causes health consequences, so avoid all junk foods from outside, ground nut oil, or sunflower oil can be taken ,, coconut oil should be avoided(but still theory is controversy) , eating chocolate will not cause any health defects, some times causes weight gain,, with daily exercise you can keep your body healthy. All the best.