Is it safe to take Vit D

My VitD levels were---D2---1. 94ng/mL ; D3-15. 75 ng/mL &VitD Total-17. 68 ng /mL. I have been told to take Uprise-D3 (60k)-1per week for 12 weeks. Is it safe ? Can I test the levels again in between? Or only after finishing the course?

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Rather than commenting on if the medicines are safe, be aware than its not SAFE to have such low vitamin d3 levels. Also, if medicines were not safe, they wouldn't be prescribed in the first place. Now its upon you to decide whether you want to take the medicines or not. Get adequate sun exposure also. If you had been doing that, you wouldnt have had such low levels in the first place. It will take a long time, even more tha ln 12 weeks for your levels to improve. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Madam, It is very safe to take Vitamin D3 supplement. These days due to our i door lifestyle, many people are suffering from vitamin D deficiency. This in turn causes bone pains and weakness. Taking a proper course of these supplements will help you a lot and reduce all your symptoms.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Dimapur
Since your vitD level is between 10-20 ng/ml you will require only 800 to 1000 units of vitD daily for 3 months...thereafter repeat vitD level test
Dr. Prashant Kini
General Endocrinologist 11 yrs exp Mumbai
safe to take vit d. levels should cross 30