Irreglr peroids &Wt. gain

Past many years my periods have been irregular almost 45 days gap. the bleeding /discharge lasts max 3 days, sometimes just 2 days.
Weight gain in the past 5 years has been around 20 kgs.
Acne and hair loss has been persistent since past 4 years.
Cravings for sweet have only increased.
Constant back pain at all times.

Doctor Answers (1) on Irreglr peroids &Wt. gain

Thanks for your question.
I'm sorry you have so many problems. Generally your periods are a reflection of your ovarian function and therefore of your internal hormonal balance. You do not mention what treatment you have followed so far and whether you exercise, what your working hours and stress levels are.
If you have not already seen a gynaecologist for your irregular periods that needs to be one of your initial steps. The doctor will check the hormones responsible for your ovarian function. The next step is to consult a nutritionist who can guide you regarding eating for wellbeing rather than weight loss. When you control your eating your weight will come off too. The third aspect is looking for ways to reduce stress. this can be caused by repeated dieting, irregular exercise, junk food or bakery products, poor sleeping habits and poor self talk. You can find resources to deal with any or all these online or in your favorite bookstore. You may find these helpful.
'Escape the diet trap' by Dr John Briffa
' 'Optimal health' by Dr Duke Johnson
You may find that there is no quick and easy fix for your problem. You will need to follow a strict lifestyle pattern to get back to good health.
with all best wishes for your good health