Inter trochanteric fractu

My father had a fall, and the initial report through X-ray says Intertrochanteric fracture. He is advised bed rest for 2-3 months. He is staying in Katpadi, Tamil Nadu. I am looking for an orthopedic doctor to visit him( since he can't move) and advise suitably.

Doctor Answers (3) on Inter trochanteric fractu

Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Surgery best option
Dr. Chirag Dalal Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
If your dad is medically fit for surgery then that is the best option. Non operative treatment has quite a bit of complications. Share the Xray also.
Dr. Ajay Rao Bangalore | Orthopedist
Hi, I understand that your father has already been diagnosed to have a trochanteric fracture. These fractures are common in the elderly. If your father is fit for surgery It should be ideally operated on and fixed or replaced with a bipolar cemented ARTHROPLASTY for him to be mobile, with og course a high risk consent. Katpadi being near to CMC Vellore ,I would suggest that you take him there