Insulin Resistance
What does Insulin resistance mean? I have weight gain and my doctor has prescribed Metaformin 500 mG. Also I want know, if I have to take it, for how long.

Insulin resistance means the hormones insulin Which is required for absorption of glucose is present in the body but is not able to do it's function. So in this case the glucose is not absorbed and their is Higher chances of diabetes and obesity dear. You can take it for 3 months dear,it will decrease weight and also insulin resistance.
It's not normal to have irregular periods  ( early or late), missing periods, spotting between periods, prolonged heavy flow, pains and cramps during cycle, PMS and mood changes before periods, PCOS, Fibroid, Endometriosis,  fertility issues, tiredness, hair fall,  sleep disturbances, weight issues etc. If it is happening to you,  it's a sign of underlying  hormone  imbalance  which needs further evaluation with blood investigations , scan etc.Good news is that all your problems  can be totally  reversed , not by masking the symptoms  with pills but by addressing  the underlying  cause of the problem and healing it from the ROOT cause which is not in your pelvis BTW. Why is it a serious problem and why you should not ignore it? Because, If it is not treated early, it can also lead to serious health problems like diabetes, heart disease, and even cancers. Not only the symptoms of hormone imbalance make your life miserable, there is a scientific proof that they also  increase your chances of developing a big disease later on in life, like full-blown diabetes, autoimmune thyroid disease, and even cancers. The BioCycle study (NIH 2009) showed that untreated, hormonal imbalances increase significantly a woman’s  risk to diseases of inflammation – heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and premature aging. PCOD ,period problem s, fertility issues and thyroid issues are completely reversible in my experience. I have reversed not only my own PCOD but have helped hundreds of women heal their hormone Imbalances and achieve healty natural pregnancies. It's frustrating to see that so many women are suffering and not getting the right information. It can be reversed not by masking the symptoms with drugs but by addressing the root cause of the problem. Needs root cause evaluation with further investigations...Can be healed with diet changes, lifestyle changes, self care and Detoxification.Hope this helps. Feel free to do online video consultation with me on Practo if you want more support.
Insulin resistance is a part of PCO.... u need to exercise and take the medication....this will help you with weight loss
Take Tablet Reshape once at bedtime for 3 months
Take Tablet Metital twice a day within 30 minutes after breakfast and dinner for 3 months Monitor blood sugar with home glucose monitor fasting and postprandial levels biweekly.
Take Diabetes diet Do a glycosylated Hemoglobin Take Tablet Hypotab if problems of headaches palpitations and sweating after Metital