Insomnia, Weight Issue
I was previously diagnosed with OCD and bi polar. But have come out of it. I'm on prescription for Qutipin 100 mg and Tryptomer as I do not get sleep at all for days together if im not on meds. And because of Quitipin I have gained 20kgs. Please suggest what can be done to reduce the weight and get sleep as leaving the medication will just stop me from getting any sleep literally.

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 13 yrs exp Aligarh

The medicines you mentioned don't seem to be suited for your diagnosis. Pls visit Dr Anil kumar MN in Mysore.

Hello... Related to medicine you must ask your doctor only because stoppage of medicine may aggravate your psychiatric symptoms.... one can reduce weight by dietary and lifestyle change . Have more of fruits and vegetables ..have foods like chapattis, roti... Avoid junk food, oily food items.. Exercise regularly (yoga or aerobics)...