Insomnia Sleep disorders

Hey doc i am pregnant from 29 weeks but since after 2 month of pregnancy i got sleeplessness dats why my gynechlogist prescribed me Zolfresh 10 mg..and my insomnia become worse now i cant sleep without 2 pills of Zolfresh 20 mg a night...plz consult me

Doctor Answers (1) on Insomnia Sleep disorders

Dr. Ravi Prakash Bangalore | Psychiatrist
Earlier zolpidem was considered safe regarding dependence potential. However, recent studies have found that its unmonitored use can lead to addiction as well like other sedatives. Your case seems to be some what like that. A major problem is the over the counter availability of these medications which makes it very easy to get. The treatment has to be like detoxification of any other sedative. You will have to consult a psychiatrist immediately for the same. You will be given some medications along with monitoring of your withdrawal symptoms. All the best.