Insomnia for 6 months

I am having insomnia for last six months. I am taking ayurvedic medicines but they don't seem to help me immediately. Very few nights I get sleep..most of the time I dont..please advise..I am a student n my exam is in one and half month..due to lack of proper sleep my whole body pains. My studies are alot hampered now coz I can't focus. However hard I may try I can't fall asleep..even if I am tired too much,i can't get sleep..whole night I toss and turn in bed but no sleep.

Exercise and stay active. Activity helps promote a good night's sleep. Get at least 20 to 30 minutes of vigorous exercise daily at least five to six hours before bedtime.... Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol and don't use nicotine. All of these can make it harder to sleep. Avoid caffeine after lunchtime. Avoiding alcohol can help prevent restless sleep and frequent awakenings. ..
Dr. Vikas Khanna
Hypnotherapist 15 yrs exp Delhi
Any external help is of little use... the problem has started from your head and will end there itself! Seek a counselors help as to why something which is natural and automatic is so hard ...analyse your lifestyle and thinking pattern Never struggle to get sleep..it will do the opposite you may read this short write -up on insomnia https://www.practo.com/healthfeed/beat-insomnia-get-your-peace-back-18885/post
Get psychologists help!