Injury lower side of knee

I had minor accident two weeks ago there are three stiches done. Now I wound is all completely healed, but still I am not able to bend the knee there is very small sweeling near wound.. How long does it take to recover..

Doctor Answers (6) on Injury lower side of knee

Dr. Vandana Chauhan (PT) Noida | Physiotherapist
sometimes in such cases,slight inflammation and muscle weakness are causes the problem of pain and muscle stiffness.
for knee go for physitherapy..ultrasonic therapy for healing,tens for muscle relaxation and wax therfapy for reducing inflammation may required . take rest. then the exercises by the therapist are to be done and very much important.
at home: give rest to the knee,avoid full weight bearing to the injured knee and hot water fomentation and some painkiller gel are temporarily helpful.
There may a low grade infection at the site.better consult a orthopaedician with an xray of knee joint.
xray of the knee joint and proceed.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day.
Dr. Prakash Katariya Raipur | Physiotherapist
No need to worry
Start gentle exercises
Pankaj Agrawal Ahmedabad | Orthopedic Surgeon
hi friend..there is always stiffness around any wound nesr joint area .pl start mobilsation and bending your knee...it will improve if you dont hv any internal damage in knee..tc.dr pankaj agrawal shoulder knee & joints reconstruction surgeon ahmedabad
Dr. Ritesh Nazareth Mumbai | Orthopedic Surgeon
Needs to be seen and examined. Such injuries cannot be opened only on basis of patient history.