Inability to recall Names
For a few years now, I have had issues remembering people's names. I didn't take it very seriously since I meet too many people daily. But off late I'm unable to recall names of people who were a part of my life and or names of things that I used on regular basis. I'm 27 so I know this isnt normal, so can someone people suggest what seems to be the issue?

Dr. Satish Ramaiah
Addiction Psychiatrist 15 yrs exp Bangalore

In young people forgetfulness is usually a sign of anxiety or depression. Occasionally other underlying medical causes can be there like issues with thyroid, B12 or folaate deficiency or other chronic medical or neurological causes. I suggest you consult a psychiatrist who can take proper history, examine and order appropriate tests. If it is anxiety or depression related, things improve upon appropriate treatment with psychological counselling, lifestyle modifications and in some cases medicine too. Regards

Medicine names of fever Names of deficiency diseases Other names for risperidone