Idiopathic intracranial hypertension
I am suffering from Iih since October 2020.initially my csf pressure was 450mm which has reduced to 290 mm. I am on Diamox but still having headache, heaviness, ringing sounds and forgetfulness. I am not able to do much physical activities as headache increases. So should I go for shunt ? Kindly suggest.

If the symptoms are improving compared to the initial state, we can continue medicines for some time and see.
If vision is compromised go for shunt

Yes
Dear user, VP shunt is an option only when there is a vision compromise and it's deteriorating. If ur vision is improving then for headache we can try to increase the dose of Diamox and also can add Topirmate. Take care Dr AMIT AGARWAL