IBS & Ulcer with bleeding

I am a patient of chronic Irritable bowel syndrome & have Ulcer also.I have report of it,in my stool I realize blood also.Please suggest me what should I do. 2 years ago I have done micro surgery of my gallbladder stone.My pain in abdomen since last 2 years with loose stool 2-3 times in a day & pain 5-7 times in a day for 2-5 seconds duration. Please suggest me where I shall do my treatment & what food & medicine should I take. Thanking you.

Doctor Answers (1) on IBS & Ulcer with bleeding

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there.. you have inflammatory bowel disease- ulcerative colitis which is an autoimmune disease which is due to genetic and environmental factors combined effect..please consult gastroenterologist and treatment includes immunosuppresant agents and along with it you have to do diet control like low residue/low fibre diets, and low FODMAP.. Nutritional deficiencies are present in IBD due to Malabsorption, diarrhea, and GI blood loss. Deficiencies of B vitamins, fat-soluble vitamins, essential fatty acids, and key minerals such as magnesium, zinc, and selenium are extremely common and so multivitamin supplements,foods rich in vitamins and minerals have to be consumed..