Iam not getting sleep
My father expired on 2014 march before that I used to sleep 8 to 9 hours daily, I will be in relaxed condition always, but iam not getting sleep I don't why. I tried so many ways , but I'm not getting sleep after wake up in the morning I my self feeling irritating, tense Please suggest to get gud sleep

Dr. Satish Ramaiah
Addiction Psychiatrist 14 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi Sleeplessness can happen because of several factors & more often multiple factors in the same person. It is important to find & treat the underlying cause. Your history indicate that you could be having underlying depression. Please follow good sleep hygiene, lifestyle changes with regular exercise, yoga / meditation. Avoid sleeping tablets in long term. Better to consult a Psychiatrist, particularly to treat any underlying depression. Beat wishes