I want to lose weight

I want to reduce weight so that I can get a good and fit body and I want to look good. I want to look slim rather than healthy.

Doctor Answers (1) on I want to lose weight

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,, it is good you have made right decision of rather looking healthy,, you want to be fit. To do that exercise and limiting your daily calorie intake are key factor. Exercise: Vigorous exercise trims all your fat, including visceral fat.Get at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least 5 days a week. Walking counts, as long as it's brisk enough that you work up a sweat and breathe harder, with your heart rate faster than usual.To get the same results in half the time, step up your pace and get vigorous exercise -- like jogging. You'd need to do that for 20 minutes a day, 4 days a week.Moderate activity -- raising your heart rate for 30 minutes at least three times per week -- also helps. It slows down how much visceral fat you gain. But to torch visceral fat, your workouts may need to be stepped up. Other things like playing volleyball, swimming, dance aerobics, tennis other field games which makes you sweat all does same effect. With diet,, reduce all junk foods, oily foods, sweets. Eat more of vegetables and fruits and drink plenty of water. Eat more of protein like egg white or pulses