I have pain in tooth

I have pain in my tooth and I am taking pain killer and antibiotics but it is not curing I went to see a doc he said the teeth which has root canal and caping may have problem, we have to remove the & check. I am worried about this because he said he is not sure he will check and he will put a new caping I the tooth. But I am not sure to go the treatment with them. Pls advise how we should I go about it. I am taking Mox500 & signoflam. The doc which did the treatment last time is 700 kms far. I am going & meeting him after two days but Wat shd I do because the pain is the same.

Doctor Answers (2) on I have pain in tooth

Hi..take Ketorol-DT two tablets in half glass of water after food. Regards
Hello, If the cause of your pain is the root canal tooth and if it has been determined properly with a radiograph and other diagnostics, then rectifying measures will require compromising the present crown in order to gain access to the roots which already has a previous filling. The reasons for pain after a root canal maybe either reinfection due to failure of the root seal or fracture of any part of the tooth leading to again an infection etc. I will suggest for faster relief get the crown removed and allow the doctor to do thorough cleaning of the tooth after removing all the previous filling. This way the medicines that you are taking will have faster effect and the level of pain will decrease significantly.