I have a sensitive tooth

I have sensitivity in the tooth near the wisdom tooth on the right side. This started after removing the wisdom tooth.
views-icons 33 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on I have a sensitive tooth

You have a sensitivity near wisdom tooth, after extraction of wisdom tooth on right side. In most of time wisdom tooth not erupted in right direction, it erupts in angulated direction which makes a pocket between wisdom tooth and adjacent tooth which leads to food lodgement between them and cause cavities in tooth which leads sensitivity in tooth so can use medicated tooth paste apply 2 times / day and leave it for 10 main after that you can brush, if you have no relief after it you will visit to dentist and examine him.
In evolution, human beings jaws have changed to great extent. In prehistoric men we had big jaws which housed great number of molars or back grinding teeth required for eating raw uncooked food. Eventually after that our diet changed and so did the jaw size from a monkey face where jaws ran ahead of nose in profile, we have now a pleasing profile where nose is sharp n jaws are short and straight. Though, the number of molars are still in eveolution process ie the third molar or wisdom tooth (its called so because it erupts at an age of 18 to 25 which is when a man becomes wise) is still found in our short jaws which cant accommodate it and hence all problem arise. Before wxtraction only in most of the cases wisdom tooth creates
There must a deep cavity in that tooth coz of which u having so much sensitivity...