I am having eye strain

Hi All Thanks in advance I firstly want to describe myself. I am 27 years old, working as a software engineer. My eyesight is quite weak i have -5.5 cylindrical power in both my eyes. From past two days i am having the sensation that my eyes are strained and also i am having headaches(not in the forehead but on the top of head). I am thinking that it might be due to eye strain but also i am skeptical that is it because of gastro(gas) . The headache was very severe. Can you please give me an insight what to do Thanks

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello 1. for this high cylinder, i would recommend PENTACAM test to rule out any disease of cornea 2. this headache may not be due to eyes kindly consult local physician

Hello.. It's quite possible that because of the job you ee doing you have eye strain...i suggest you to meet an ophthalmologist and get your powr tested again...sometimes when you continuously work for long hours this happens...take adequate break between your work..blinkbyour eyes well..and drunk water adequately... thank you