Eye strain&mild dizziness

I visited an ophthalmologist yesterday for persistent eye strain and mild dizziness after working on computers, reading and even generally these days. She said that my eye muscles have become weak and there is "decompensation". She checked my eye pressure and said it was "borderline". She said it maybe due to chronic eye Fatigue, b12 deficiency, sleep disorders etc. I have a cylindrical eye power (astigmatism), right eye -0.5 and left eye -0.25. I have no blurred vision, just feel strained and a bit dizzy at times. I have been asked to do some eye exercises as I wake up and prescribed I-site plus and lubrex eye drops for a month. What is the issue here, if I may know? It's very frustrating as I cant work properly. I am an IT engineer.

Doctor Answers (3) on Eye strain&mild dizziness

Dr. Arun Rajan Thiruvananthapuram | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
You seem to have symptoms of computer vision syndrome and dry eye. Let me put it this way. When you use a computer for a long time, the muscles in your eyes contract to focus on the screen and stay contracted for the whole duration of computer use. This puts enormous strain or your eyes if you continue using the PC continuously without taking properly timed breaks in between. Its something like (and this is just to give you an idea) going to a gym, lifting a pair of very heavy dumbells with outstretched arms and staying in that position for a very very long time. Those muscles will definitely get tired. So, now with those tired muscles when you try to focus on other near objects, they will not be able to function properly and you will have difficulty focusing. You are overusing the muscles inside your eye and they will get weak over time. Thats why you need the exercises.
Try to take breaks for a 20-30 seconds every 20 minutes. Try to blink more when you are using your phone or computer, Use lubricating eye drops prescribed and wear the glasses prescribed.
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello Prolonged working on laptop/TV/mobile can cause computer vision syndrome. Computer vision syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer or other display device for, uninterrupted periods of time. Some symptoms of cvs include a. Headaches b blurred vision c. Neck pain d redness in the eyes e. Eye strain f dry eyes sometimes watery eyes these symptoms can be further aggravated by improper lighting conditions. Measures to reduce this include 1. Work under proper light. 2. Blink a lot. 3. Cold compresses 4. Use good lubricating eyedrop
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well nothing major issues but this is due to your occupation...you are constantly in front of pc dur yobwhich your eyes get strained....you need to take rest and breaks between your sessions...close your eyes and take nap.
Continue the advice of ophthalmologist...thank you