Hyper active

Hi sir, my daughter was deducted with minimum ADHD and I had been giving 1/4th of arkamin tablet once every day. Now she looks fine...how long should I be giving this medicine for my child Please help us.
views-icons 72 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Hyper active

Dr. Amod Borkar Pune | Neuropsychiatrist
It needs little more information about history and treatment. Currently you should continue the medication. If required take second opinion. But generally discuss with your same doctor who is treating her.
please consult your doctor and get an ADHD screening done from a psychologist. you could also shift to homeopathy for ADHD, it works well. do not stop or change medicines without consulting your doctor and getting a screening done.
channelize your childs energies constructively through sports activities, dancing, art, music etc. swimming and cycling works best
Hello, there is no fixed timing or any guidelines when to stop ADHD medication, it varies with patient to patient, if the child is doing fine we can try to taper the dosage and can be stop and watch how the child is doing during drug holiday period, usually this can be done during beginning of the school days initially it may take around 2 weeks adjust with new class, and later if child is doing fine with no or minimal symptoms we can stop and follow up the case for 2 to 3 months. Better to consult the psychiatrist who prescribed the medication they will handle it properly.