Hyaluronic acid injection

Male 31. Recently taken hyaluronic acid injection for chondromalasia . I have minor swelling in leg from knee to foot. Is it normal.? How long it will take to show the full effect of injection

Doctor Answers (2) on Hyaluronic acid injection

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Hyaluronic acid is like a jelly that keeps lubrication of the joints proper. Also helps the cartilage recover from damage. After taking injection, minor swellings, pain, stiffness for sometime is normal. It will gradually decrease. Within a week time you should be able to feel some difference. Don't need to worry about the swelling as such. If it increases, you will need to show it to your doctor. Restrict physical activity for a few days. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.... , Hyaluronic acid is similar to a synovial fluif that occurs naturally in the joints. It works by acting like a lubricant and shock absorber in the joints and helps the joints to work properly.... Do not strain your knee joint for two days after receiving this medicine. ... Temporary pain or swelling in the knee joint may occur after receiving hyaluronic acid injection.....some side effects are Difficulty with moving, muscle pain or stiffness, pain in the joints....