HSG test guidance

Hello We have been trying to conceive for last 4 months. I have been suggested to get the HSG test done. I have read and have been told by others that it is a painful procedure. I am looking for recommendation from where can i get it done. Also can it be done under Anesthesia. Looking for response.

Doctor Answers (2) on HSG test guidance

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi practo user, as you r planning since 4 months, you can delay this procedure . Try in fertile days at least for 6 months to 8 months then only go for any invasive procedures.If your amh level is less then do the tests early.
Good luck.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....you need evaluation with detailed history and examination instead of HSG.. first thing you should know is- infertility means unable to concieve even after one year of unprotected regular Sex. If that's the case it may be due to numerous causes, in womens- it might be due to uterine abnormality,hormonal imbalance, fibroid in uterus,sometimes infection like T.B would have scarred fallopian tube which might be a cause,certain medications, obesity etc. In men- decreased sperm count, chronic alcoholism,smoking,obesity,premature ejaculation,medications, testicular infection or trauma etc....so get this things checked. You should know that there are 20 to 25% cases where the cause is unknown for infertility....As I already mentioned if you are not concieving for more than one year, you can try invitro fertilisation(IVF) technique which has a good sucess rate....kindly consult a obstetrician regarding this they will guide you further.