How to loose weight

I m suffering from hypothyroidism(gaining weight endlessly),i m under medications of it,but i need some extra routine,diet,exercise to ensure weight loss as soon as possible.What according to you should be my diet,exercise etc.

Doctor Answers (1) on How to loose weight

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...it would have been better if you had posted your height and weight so that we could have analysed how much weight you need to reduce. First and foremost you must understand losing your weight is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to lose weight. And it cannot happen suddenly. Losing too much suddenly is also not good for health. You have to follow a strict diet and exercise schedule. Regarding diet - have small multiple meals instead of 3 big meals, eat food rich in proteins and fibres like egg white boiled chicken vegetables fruits pulses, avoid carbohydrate rich foods like rice curds oily foods sweets ghee and other junk food. Regarding exercises - start slowly with brisk walking, then change over to jogging, running and other abdominal exercises. Never over strain yourself. And always keep yourself well hydrated and enjoy whatever you do. Also consult a dietician at any hospital who will be able to give you a proper chart regarding the same