How to grow after 20 yrs.

Hi doctor.. I am 21 yrs old... How can I increase my growth after crossing 20 yrs...now i am of 5'2... I jst wanna increase by at least 3 inches more... Can u suggest me any tips..?? By exercising or by skipping regularly increases my growth???
views-icons 66 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on How to grow after 20 yrs.

Dr. Farheen Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello, Although the height of a person is determined by the persons genetics, other environmental factors such as food and diet also have an influence on a person’s height. When it comes to foods that increase height, there is nothing like milk and other dairy products. They contain all the essential nutrients for height increase, such as calcium, proteins and vitamins A, B, D and E. Eggs are a powerful source of vitamin D, calcium, and Vitamin B2 or Riboflavin, all of which helps in developing strong bones and a healthy body. Soybean is yet another nutritious food that provides a boost to your height when consumed on a daily basis. The wide range of minerals present in Ashwagandha help in broadening the bones of the body and also increase bone density which helps in increasing height.This is not really a food, but more of a natural herbal remedy for increasing height.When you are trying to increase your height after the age of 21 then chicken is one of the best food options in this case. Chicken is one of the best natural sources of protein available which helps build tissues and muscles. You can also prefer some exercises like hanging, swimming,jumping, cobra stretch, triangle pose, etc.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
 Hello..., your height  depends on average  height  of your parents..  Once maturation occurs growing end of bones fuses and one cannot  grow  further after that age...so growth cessate usually at the age of 18.you must learn  to live with fact..  Don't  try medication for growth  they won't work. Cycling, swimming, skipping, stretching exercise may help you..  Do it in the early morning..  Have protenaceous food items...