How to gain weight

I am 23 year old and my height is 5'5, my weight is 45 i am not enough healthy i want my weight between 53 to 57 kg but nothing works on me, my immunity is verry down just advise me to gain 8 kg weight in 1 or 2 month

Doctor Answers (2) on How to gain weight

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need to gain12 KGS that too muscle not fat. Due to low weight immunity is also less.I can help with 4-5 KGS weight gain in month that too in healthy way without any side effects
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.try to eat skinned out boiled chicken 1-2 pieces twice a week, fish curry not fish fry as it is rich in vitamins, eat fresh raw sprouts everyday twice, include berries and fresh fruits and vegetables like avocado,pears, apples, citrus fruits,papaya,guava,carrots, tomatoes all this things are rich in fibres and vitamins. Your morning diet should include whole egg and a glass of milk, if possible nuts like almond, walnut, peanuts etc try to repeat this in the evening also. Include green leafy vegetables in your diet. Milk products like chesse,panner etc and meat can help you gain weight but since they contribute more towards fat and you need proteins instead of fat to build your body mass try to avoid it. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Do daily brisk walking, cycling for 5-6kms,yoga and meditation.if possible go for a trekking or join some rock climbing classes if such a facility is available in your place and do it on a regular basis which will help you in developing stamina and strength.if you are not satisfied kindly consult a dietician