Hole in eardrum

I have a dream to become commercial pilot and when for that I went to medical officers so that they can check whether I am fit for flying or not they detected hole in my eardrum and  after that I undergone through  surgery now I want to know that is my eardrum with hole can be repaired & my hearing loss can be recovere

Doctor Answers (1) on Hole in eardrum

Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
hole in the ear drum causing frequent ear discharge and hearing loss is known as chronic otitis media.
usually this condition is treatable and surgery known as tympanoplasty should close hole in your ear and bring back hearing to near normal
since you have undergo gone surgery , get yourself examined by nearby ENT specialist to confirm success of surgery and also get an audiogram to assess your hearing
in case of failed surgery and persisting hole in your membrane you can undergo revision surgery
problem comes only it you have mixed or sensory neural type of hearing loss , where hearing improvement after surgery wont be complete
I hope this information helps you