diabetes-icon

High sugar level-prelunch

My father was experiencing some burning at his feet. He was later diagnosed with increased blood glucose level. since December 2015 he is taking medicine regularly. The sugar level although in control, there is no relief from burning sensation in feet. Moreover, it was weird to see that the sugar level in the morning was higher than that after lunch. We have consulted many specialists for this, even in pune, but nobody could tell us the reason for higher sugar level in the morning. Moreover the burning sensation has not yet been cured so far. I would appreciate if an expert can guide me about the problem.

Doctor Answers (3) on High sugar level-prelunch

Give me entire medication detail for proper opinion on morning sugar hikes. The burning feet are due to diabetic neuropathy and for this consult your Diabetologist. I generally prefer Nor-Tryptomer -P for its relief so take opinion from your doctor on this.
Dr. R. Anbazhahan Chennai | Diabetologist
Fluctuating sugar levels and higher sugar in the morning can affect nerves causing burning feet. Medication can be adjusted to bring down the sugar level in the morning. Please see your diabetes doctor.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... Burning sensation is feet is due to Diabetic neuropathy..... Diabetic neuropathy is damage to nerves that occurs as a result of diabetes. ..... Consistently keeping blood sugar within a target range can help prevent or delay the progression of diabetic neuropathy and may even improve some of the symptoms you already have. ... Consult your Physician for further advice....