High Sugar

I had high sugar problem for which I consulted a diabetologist ..she gave me 6 months course with gradual reduction in medicine...later the medicine was stopped and the reading was fasting 113 and lunch 124 and again I did a check after 2 months the reading was 107 and 135 ...now I did a check up after 2 months again the report is 170 and 246...please suggest if I can start with ayurved/homeopathy because i don't want to start with allopathic

Doctor Answers (3) on High Sugar

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.

I can understand your concern.
Allopathy is the only form of medicine which has a proper treatment for diabetes.
To put it in simple terms, there is no predictable treatment with Ayurveda or homeopathy for diabetes. I wouldn't suggest you any of those.
If you still feel like going ahead with other forms of medicine, you can go ahead with your own risk.
My advise would be to consult a diabetologist and to continue medicines daily without fail to avoid complications of high glucose levels.
Best regards.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti Hyderabad | General Physician
Get an Hba1c and physician will take call on medications.
Ayurvedic medicines doesnt have any studies to prove its benefits or side effects. I will not suggest it.
Dr. Ameet Thakkar Mumbai | General Physician
Allopathy is the best treatment option with predictable results and long term benefits from Diabetes complications. You get an HbA1c done or CGMS (Continuous glucose monitoring system) which will give you the correct and current status of your disease so as to decide on your further treatment. Diet exercise and lifestyle modulation are also essential parts of treatment.