diabetes-icon
High prolactine level
Hi, I have recently done a blood test in which it was found that i have an increased level of prolactin ,ie 38.11 ng/ml and a tsh of 5.23. I am having headaches regularly and sometimes an intense pain am also having tiredness very often. Do i need to do any further tests for this or what precautions should i take for this. Thanks !

Hello..... High Prolactin levels have many causes.You need to get to the root cause. You will need other tests including a MRI brain,and an Endocrinologist opinion.PROLACTIN ALSO INCREASES IN PATIENTS HAVING HYPOTHYROIDISM. GET A THYROID PROFILE DONE.HIGH Prolactin level interfere with conception..
Dr. Ramkumar S
Endocrinologist 11 yrs exp Chennai
Your prolactin is not so high for doing mri brain. Tsh is in subclinical hypothyroid range. Needs proper evaluation with endocrinologist.