Herniated disc L5
I m diagnosed with herniated L4/L5 S1 disc and compressed sciatic nerve due to this.. I m having severe pain in my right leg... initially pain used to radiate from hip to feet but now it is continuously below knee around the bone opposite my calf muscle.. first i was admitted to hospital as it happened suddenly while lifting a gas cylinder with right hand in forward bending posture and I had very acute pain in my hamstring... MRI revealed pinched nurve but EMG report was normal but hospital was forcing me to undergo immediate decompression micro discectomy surgery but second opinion from different many other doctors was for conservative treatment.... presently I m under bed rest and mild stretching excercise since last 10 days with pain killers on SOS.pain has reduced but area below knee is under severe nerve tension n mild swelling also... I have started physiotherapy also.. I m taking oral steroids MEDROL as anti inflammatory drug n ULTRACET as pain killer..Am I on right treatment?

Hello.... If you rest for some days you can avoid bulged disc pressing nerve root there by reduce symptoms.... If the prolapse is mild doctor will advice you physiotherapy, if it doesn't work and pain in severe surgery is the final option... You are doing right thing, try all others options before going for surgery, if everything fails then gonfoe surgery.