Hematoma in lip

My upper lip got cut when I fell down while riding a bike. It is cut both on the outside and inside(because of teeth). It was two days ago. The bleeding has mostly stopped but there is a lot of swelling in the lip(hematoma). Right now I am just taking a course of antibiotics and cleaning the wound regularly. What can I do so that swelling goes away faster and I can return to work.

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..just apply cold pack for two days. Take Tablet Phlogam thrice daily for two days. It will go off. Regards
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J
Dental Surgeon 17 yrs exp Bangalore

There are no quick fix method and your home remedy is healthy diet rich in Vitamin b12 & c and allow body to heal itself. You can also try warm compresses since its a two day old wound, but any active signs of bleeding refrain from using the same.
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello there ...continue the antibiotics and within 5-7 days the swelling will subside... Meanwhile take healthy diet rich in vitamin B and C... Take care ...!!
Dr. Amit Jaisinghani
Dentist 7 yrs exp Pune
Hope u have showed it to a dentist. Well regular warm saline gargles ( the more you do it the better )will help the swelling to subside faster.folow the instructions given by your dentist.