Hematoma in lip

My upper lip got cut when I fell down while riding a bike. It is cut both on the outside and inside(because of teeth). It was two days ago. The bleeding has mostly stopped but there is a lot of swelling in the lip(hematoma). Right now I am just taking a course of antibiotics and cleaning the wound regularly. What can I do so that swelling goes away faster and I can return to work.

Doctor Answers (4) on Hematoma in lip

Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hello there ...continue the antibiotics and within 5-7 days the swelling will subside... Meanwhile take healthy diet rich in vitamin B and C... Take care ...!!
Hi..just apply cold pack for two days. Take Tablet Phlogam thrice daily for two days. It will go off. Regards
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
There are no quick fix method and your home remedy is healthy diet rich in Vitamin b12 & c and allow body to heal itself. You can also try warm compresses since its a two day old wound, but any active signs of bleeding refrain from using the same.
Hope u have showed it to a dentist. Well regular warm saline gargles ( the more you do it the better )will help the swelling to subside faster.folow the instructions given by your dentist.