Height increase
Hi, Im 20 years already and my height has ceased at 5ft 2inches. What should I do to increase my height? Is there any natural or artificial(surgical) solution?

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, once you cross the age of adolescent your height is not going to increase. There are no surgeries to increase height, pulsatile surge in growth hormone during adolescent will make you gain average height of your life time by the age of 18-20 yrs, later growth hormone comes down to base line and growth plate in your long bone closes. After that even exogenous supply of growth hormone will not help to increase height, instead causes acromegaly, disease due to excess growth hormone in body (after adolescent age).