Heavy upper body

Will abdominoplasty be a good suggestion to flatten my tummy.  In that case which doctor and which clinic or hospital is recommended

Doctor Answers (1) on Heavy upper body

Dr. Anamay K. Bidwai Chennai | General Surgeon
Dear Madam,
Since the detail about your weight and height is missing, I will try to give you a over view.
Abdominoplasty is a good and quick solution to flatten tummy, but after that if you are not desciplined about your diet, life style and excercise, you will end up gaining all that weight again. So in effect it will be a waste of effort and money.
Getting bariatric surgery is a good solution, since most of the time bariatric surgery is done laparoscopicaly, there are very small scar marks. However like any surgery bariatric surgery too has its own risks and complecations.
If you are not suffering from diabetes or hypertension then I suggest for next six months try to loose weigh by diet and excercise, it is the safest option. There after if you still feel your tummy is bulging then you can consider any of the two procedures I mentioned above.
My best wishes.