cardiologist-icon

Heart problem LVEF =35%

My father has LVEF =35% according to the 2D echo report. I need to know what treatment is needed for this. Also is there any need of angiography. He had never a heart attack.. And nor he is feeling any kind of pain in the heart. May be he is suffering from arrhythmia ( studied on Web)... Reason being 3 years back, he almost fainted on the road while riding the bicycle... He was so much in stress at that time. From then he is taking medicine for hypertension. I need to know what kind of treatment is needed Thank you RAVINDRA KUMAR

Doctor Answers (2) on Heart problem LVEF =35%

Dr. Ashish Srivastava Noida | Cardiologist
The episode you mentioned could have been a heart attack
What does the Echo report say
It mentions RWMA or global Hypokinesia
If it's RWMA then chances of CAD are more and if it's Global then chances of CAD are less
However be it any the first thing to be ruled out is CAD and hence he will be required to undergo a CAG
Consult with me at my Clinic or call me
I need to examine the patient see the detailed report so that I can guide you further
Dr Ashish Srivastava
General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Anand Nadkarni Pune | Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeon
Meet cardiologist  .He may need angiography to look for ischemic heart disease. ECG/ Holter may detect arrhythmia .