diabetes-icon
HBA1c reading
I'm diabetic since 4-5 months. My recent HBA1C reading shows as 5.6%. What does this mean? And what is the normal range for mean blood glucose level? Mine is at 122 mg/DL.

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

5.6 is a very good control. However, If the lab report is reliable and depending on the type of medications you are on, the dose of some medications can be reduced by your doctor
Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello, The term HbA1c refers to glycated haemoglobin.  By measuring glycated haemoglobin (HbA1c), clinicians are able to get an overall picture of what our average blood sugar levels have been over a period of 3 months . Your blood sugar is under control from last 3 months .

Normal cholesterol reading Normal diabetes reading