HB is low 8.9 nt pregnent

Hi Dr. My wife having HB 8.8 15 days back and after taking 5 orofer injections as doctor suggested in 10 days and after a week we got tested and it is 8.9 to 9. Can taking more injections would be feasible. Please suggest as she is anaemic.

Dr. Shikha Shah
Gynecologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

It takes a long time for haemoglobin to rise even after orofer injections. Rise is app 0.5 gm every week. Overloading with iron is not going to change that. Just relax and let it rise on its own
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Hi, how many weeks she is pregnant?  If in term stage, means after 36wk then need to take one or 2 more as the hb will increase in another week or so  , as you already have 5 inj.if less wks , no need mostly. You can take iron cap twice. And also do haemoglobin electrophoresis if not done.
Dr. Pritam Prakash Sulakhe
Infertility Specialist 9 yrs exp Pune

Is she pregnant first??? If yes then it's okto have few more injections with a gap of 3-4 weeks Supplement iron in food Try to reach at least 10-11 before delivery History is incomplete so I can't comment much