Having fever and weakness

I am having fever since last few days and my body is very weak I am not even able to stand for 30 seconds I feel like lying down I took paracetamol for few days it work ed but when I stopped I again got fever and I am sleeping all day all night,I always have this mild headache also during this period and I am not in a state to go out and visit a doctor you tell me what should I do

Doctor Answers (1) on Having fever and weakness

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. If the fever is not reducing with paracetamol, then you will need oral antibiotics to reduce the infection which is causing the fever. Also if you are feeling very weak, then it could be due to dehydration, hypogycemia. You will need detailed clinical examination and further investigations. You might need intravenous fluids if there's dehydration. To consult a general physician as soon as possible for further evaluation and treatment.