Hamstrings on stomach
While I do crunches or any ab exercise I feel like my muscles is being pulled inside...and I take rest for 15 minutes then it's fine...only problem during ab workout...whom to concern a physio doctor or gastroenterology. Please do reply. Thank you
71 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Tiji Mathew Thomas (PT)
Physiotherapist 18 yrs exp Ernakulam

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

It's termed as muscle spasm. What the person feels is a twitch usually described as muscle cramp. It occurs when a person starts doing exercises in ranges where he's not used to or a person who has a sedentary lifestyle starts doing strenuous activity without warm-ups. Every muscle has an outer, middle and inner range of movement. So begin with the outer range (starting range of crunches) and slowly progress to middle and inner ranges. Counter stretching or relaxing usually releives the spasm. Mineral sports drinks is also recommended for active persons who experiences spasm. As it's a purely muscular condition you can consult with a physiotherapist.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.