Hairl oss & thyroid

I was suffering from thyroid from last 6 to 7 years and because of that lots of things I can observe in myself bt my hair loss problem I can't handle it my timing of lunch is not perfect and because of that at dinner time I don't eat properly because of time problem pls suggest something to me so I can manage or control my hair loss
views-icons 36 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Dietitian/Nutritionist 22 yrs exp Kolkata

Hi - thyroid disorders mainly hypothyroidism causes lot of symptoms & consequences lke hair fall, loss of appetite etc. You need to avoid spinach, cabbage, high fibre rich foods. Add more vegetables, fruits. If you like dairy then add sour curd. Yogart.
Ms. Huda Shaikh
Dietitian/Nutritionist 4 yrs exp Mumbai
Hi There, Good to hear from you :) Yes thyroid is a prominent reason why people tend to suffer from weight loss.First thing would be to visit a dermatologist and get the appropriate prescription for the same.Meanwhile you can make few changes in the diet. 1)Consume greens and fruits more. 2) Drink at least 12-15glasses of water per day. 3)Include nuts like walnuts,almond and pistachios in the diet. 4)Get enough of protein from protein sources like egg,chicken,yoghurt,milk and paneer. 5 ) Biotin is very important for your hair growth and then make it a point to include eggs in the diet. 6)Avoid processed and refined foods.