Hair regrowth treatment

Could you please tell me the tests needed to detect the causes which are responsible for my hair loss? since my dermatologist gave me mintop 2% and finax 1mg by just seeing my condition and did no clinical tests. And finally please tell me taking the above mentioned medicines for too long (always) will be okay or not?
views-icons 78 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair regrowth treatment

Dr. Prakash Kumar Khute Delhi | Dermatologist
You have androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness) which is a common problem. Yes there are only 2 medication which are FDA approved for its treatment minoxidil and finsteride your doctor has given you correct mediction however you should use 5%mintop forte solution which is more effective than 2%. No test is required as of now . For the concern regarding side effects, both the drug are quite safe minoxidil you can take life long but yes finax you have to stop after some time may be after a year or so. All these medication take some time to show up its effect also you have to apply minoxidil till the time you want your hair to remain. Warm regards Dr Prakash khute