Tugain for hair regrowth

For hair regrowth, one of my friend suggested to use Tugain with biotin vitamin suppliments. Also, after 3 months asked me to intake some DTH suppressor. Is it advisable to use tugain for my scalp? Kindly advise.

Doctor Answers (1) on Tugain for hair regrowth

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
Tugain contains minoxidil. Which is one of the best medicines for male pattern baldness. Use tugain 5% lotion or foam twice a day. After bath and atleast 2 hours before bed. Keep your hair very short or shaved in the 1st 2 months of therapy. Do not discontinue the medicine as it will again lead to hair loss. Use it for atleast a year. You can take serial photographs every 3 months to see the improvement. You can add a dht inhibitor like finasteride or dutasteride. Please get all these prescribed by a dermatologist. Minoxidil can be used without a prescription but for other medicines please consult a dermatologist first. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore