Gynecologist

I was asked not have intercourse till i get my periods after an abortion. How is that so? And is that necessary to follow

Dr. Swati Kanawa
Obstetrician 12 yrs exp Jaipur

Hello, well its just to prevent any infection as slight spotting persists for few days and secondly you can become pregnant again if u will not use contraception. So you can have intercourse using condom once bleeding stops
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, I would advice using barrier contraceptive for 2 weeks. It has been suggested to avoid any chance of infection since mild spotting can be observed for a few days. Also, you might have chances of becoming pregnant if you do not have protected intercourse.
Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde
Gynecologist 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Dear Ma'am, After a miscarriage most gynaecologists advice barrier contraceptive for 2 weeks in view of increased risk of thromboembolism. Secondly, till the first period occurs the chances of trophoblastic disease can't be ruled out. If a surgical instrumentation is done there is increased risk of infection in the first few days post miscarriage. I hope I was able to resolve your query. Regards, Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde