Gynecologist

I was asked not have intercourse till i get my periods after an abortion. How is that so? And is that necessary to follow

Doctor Answers (3) on Gynecologist

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, I would advice using barrier contraceptive for 2 weeks. It has been suggested to avoid any chance of infection since mild spotting can be observed for a few days. Also, you might have chances of becoming pregnant if you do not have protected intercourse.
Dr. swati kanawa Gurgaon | Obstetrician
Hello, well its just to prevent any infection as slight spotting persists for few days and secondly you can become pregnant again if u will not use contraception. So you can have intercourse using condom once bleeding stops
Dear Ma'am,

After a miscarriage most gynaecologists advice barrier contraceptive for 2 weeks in view of increased risk of thromboembolism.

Secondly, till the first period occurs the chances of trophoblastic disease can't be ruled out.

If a surgical instrumentation is done there is increased risk of infection in the first few days post miscarriage.

I hope I was able to resolve your query.

Regards,

Dr. Aditi Kishore Shinde