Periods after Abortion

My wife had first periods after abortion. Abortion( D&C) happened after 2 months of pregnancy as there was no heart beat. Now bleeding is excessive in her first periods after abortion. Today is fourth day of periods. Today it reduced a bit but not much. Should we worry about it ?

Hello, I can understand your problem ,heavy bleeding menstrual cycle is expected after abortion . You may even notice blood clots . If you have continuous bleeding, passing of tissue, or blood clots you should contact your doctor and let them know.Otherwise you can wait and see. Rest for as long as the doctor recommends. Avoid heavy lifting.
Dr. Ashwini S
Infertility Specialist 14 yrs exp Bangalore
As she is getting her periods after 2months, it can be little heavy. But if she is having pain or if she is passing clots or fleshy mass she has to visit her doctor. If not it will stop in 2-4 days. If the bleeding doesn't stop in 2-4 days, then also she needs to visit her doctor.