Gum bleeding

Hi I have got a problem of bleeding from my gums & teeth while brushing , it was first started when I was 16 & I neglected it . now a days the bleeding became heavy. what would be the reason ??? What should I do ?

Doctor Answers (4) on Gum bleeding

hii it may cause due to inflammation of gums and plaque and calculus formations around teeth because of impproper brushing   once consult a dentist go with scaling
Inflammation and infection of the gums cause bleeding. We generally neglect as the situation is painless. Gums n underlining bone are the anchoring parts of the tooth. once damaged are difficult to repair. I would advice you to immediately consult a dentist so that the infection and inflammation is brought under control as early as possible so that it does not undergo further damage and thus keep your gums healthy.
Hi, as you mentioned that this problem is existing since 4yrs, it is recommended to take an OPG (a full mouth x ray) to evaluate if there is any bone loss under the gums. Based on clinical and radiographic interpretation either a basic scaling or a deep scaling or if there is a bone loss (can be noticed in xray) then a flap surgery might be needed.
Gum bleeding is often due to inflammation of the gums and the underlying tissues. This happens due to accumulation of plaque around the tooth and gums.
To prevent this you will need to first get your teeth cleaned and polished by a qualified periodontist and then if required he may want you to change the way you brush and may also administer some mouthwash.
Often a full mouth x-ray is advised to access the effect of the problem on underlying bone.