Gap toothed

Hi, I've a gap toothed smile..and it's been three years since the gap has been developed,though the gap is not that wide but still I wanted to consult Are braces would be required to mend the gap or there is some other procedure which I may not be aware of, kindly help me with the same. Thank you!!!
views-icons 178 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Prof. Sheetal Patani
Dentist 16 yrs exp Nashik

Reason for appearance for spacing is due to ageing changes related to gums and bone underneath. If left unattended, this would progress more. Also support offered by bone might deteriorate. It is very much necessary to undergo orthodontic treatment done from a qualified orthodontist in your area. Your orthodontist might help you with different options available and best suited for you. Remember to have permanent retainers after you finish the treatment
Dr. Madhur Navlani
Orthodontist 12 yrs exp Indore

Gaps which have developed later in life have to be evaluated for the reasons behind them first and then have to be treated accordingly. Braces are a good option after the reasons have been removed. There are a variety of braces for adult patients including clear aligners and lingual orthodontics. Consult an orthodontist for evaluation and further treatment.
Dr. Vishwas Bansal
Orthodontist 5 yrs exp Haridwar
Braces can reduce the gap in your teeth provided that the cause is also removed. U can get your opg ie x Ray of jaws done and consult with orthodontist Other options for reduce ing gap includes veneers, capping or crowns and also composite build up
Dr. Avinash Sahu
Dentist 5 yrs exp Bilaspur
Hi, braces is one of the option, there are even more options available. Visit a dentist to know what is the best for you. Best of luck.
Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Periodontist 12 yrs exp Indore
There are lots of treatment options Available for spaces between the teeth, it depends upon the space. Minor gaps can be treated by aesthetic restorations, and yes braces are one of the option. Please consult your dentist for treatment planning.